Laser cutting in application
Using the laser-cutting process, you can machine 2D- and 3D-contours with high efficiency, accuracy and free from burr unlike conventional cutting processes.
Very high aspect ratios and excellent cutting edges are achievable through clean cutting by SITEC , the waterjet-guided laser cutting.
Advantages of process
- Smallest heat-affected zone and, thus, small distortion
- Extremely high cutting speed and, thus, high productivity
- Contour not tool-bound – “wear-free tool”
- Freely programmable
- High precision
- Also suited for small numbers of parts
- Cutting of formed components possible
- Conventional processes such as milling are substituted
- Cutting of 2D- and 3D-contours
- Thin steel sheet 0.01 mm to 16 mm, CrNi-steels 12 mm (to meet high quality requirements)
What materials can be welded?
- Special materials
- Composite materials
- Non-ferrous metals
Laser-beam sources used / Laser power
- CO2-laser (20W up to 8kW)
- Solid-state lasers: Nd:YAG-laser, disk laser, fiber laser
- Ultra-short pulse laser 5W
- High beam quality required
We will give you support in the technology development of your special cutting jobs.